Cleaning 925 Silver and Copper just became a simple,
natural, no fuss process
Don't get me wrong I doubted this as a jeweller, having tried just about everything out there I didn't think a natural concoction would work... but it really is the best! Hell yes to chemical free cleaning!
There are some nasty cleaning chemicals out there that cause a lot of harm to mumma nature and your health so I'm really happy to share this with you!
What you need to clean your silver or copper jewellery
1. A small jar or container with a lid that will fit your piece you are wanting to clean in and allow in to be completely covered
2. Activated Charcoal Whitening Toothpaste tube or powder form
(I used My Magic Mud Activated Charcoal Coconut Oil & Bentonite Clay - Wintergreen)
3. Water (preferably running to rinse off)
4. A cotton cloth, face washer or tea towel, or paper towel
Optional. A toothbrush for the nooks and crannies.
For silver or copper cleaning with minerals and crystals get to know your piece before doing any type of cleaning as some soft minerals are not water friendly.
Generally for minerals and crystal cleaning anything above a hardness of 6 is ok such as tourmaline, amethyst, quartz and citrine.
1. Squeeze around 2 brushes worth of paste or powder into the container and add enough water to cover the jewellery you are cleaning.
2. Shake solution of paste/powder and water so it is well mixed.
3. Immerse jewellery in the solution and secure lid - sit for 5 mins. For best results I do mine at night as needed and remove in the morning. You can leave it in there for as long as you like.
4. Remove from solution. (Optional: dip toothbrush in the solution and scrub to remove tarnish from grooves and inner links of chains) Rinse well, dry with cotton cloth by pinching the cloth between your fingers and running the chain softly through the pinched cloth repeating a few times to get all the nooks and crannies.
and Voilà! Clean Sparkly jewels!