DIY Weaving Kit - Wood Base Coil Basket - Small Basket
3 Pack Gift Special
DIY weaving kit 3 pack designed for weavers from beginners to pros and all in-between and is perfect for all weaving and meditation journeys. A special journey to take with yourself, friends or family.
Choose your colours by leaving a note during the checkout process.
Each of the kits contains all materials needed to make a small basket of approximately 10x10cm including:
- DIY Weaving Instruction booklet with diagrams from my workshops for left + right-handed people
- Needle to fit wooden disc and yarns
- Natural or recycled blends of yarn (cotton/sheep/llama/alpaca/recycled nylon)
- Handmade wooden base with the perfect sized holes to fit your needle and wool through
- Pine needles, vines, natural fibers or grasses
- Cotton bag to store your supplies
- Access to the private online weaving group and weaving resources
- Video for left + right-handed people to start a simple coil basket off a wooden disc
The coiling technique dates back 10,000 years ago, leaving a strong sense of connection to ancestors, past lives, family and community, and the self. With each stitch connecting to the next passing round and round, every time something new is woven it creates a new journey bringing amazing energy and growth.
Weaving creates a natural meditative state to bring peace to the maker that carries over to whoever you gift your creations to. Further information is provided in the booklet that comes with your kit.
Sizes and shapes of DIY baskets will vary from person to person as this depends on how big or small you wish to weave, how close together your stitches are and the shape you choose to weave, different wool sizes, and materials used.
Smaller baskets shown in the images have been made with just half the contents of one small basket weaving kit as an example.
No trees are harmed with any of my creations, wood bases come from fallen tree limbs. These are cut and drilled by my partner and I.
All creations are made with love and respect in honor of mother nature's beauty and magic. Grasses and natural material bundles used are all ethically sourced.
Each wooden weaving disc is unique with natural markings from different natural conditions, sizes and wood used varies, diameter approximately 6cm, thickness approximately 6mm per piece.
Information booklets are printed and cut by me on 100% recycled FSC approved paper with ink from a return and recycling program.
All packaging is recycled and recyclable.